You don’t have to be an economist to notice that the country is experiencing inflation. In January, the inflation rate rose to 7.5 percent, and prices of everything from gas to everyday goods are increasing.
On this week’s episode of NRF’s Retail Gets Real podcast, we sit down with NRF Vice President of Research Development and Industry Analysis Mark Mathews to examine the reasons why the United States is experiencing inflation, what’s driving up prices, how it impacts consumer behavior and how long we can expect it to last.
Listen to the full episode to hear Mathews discuss:
- What is inflation?
- What is driving up prices of goods and services?
- Is it all supply and demand?
- What can the government do to ease inflation?
- How do labor and wage increases impact inflation?
- How do consumers react to inflation?
- How long does he expect inflation to continue?