NRF has been conducting its annual St. Patrick’s Day survey for more than a decade to see how consumers plan to spend for and celebrate during the popular cultural holiday. Consumers are expected to spend an average of $42.33 on St. Patrick’s Day in 2022.
About the survey: The 2022 survey of 7,929 U.S. adults 18 and older was conducted February 1-8 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.1 percentage points.
- 2020: 3 charts that explain why consumers are feeling lucky this St. Patrick’s Day
- 2019: 3 reasons consumers and retailers are marking their calendars for St. Patrick’s Day
- 2018: St. Patrick’s day spending to hit record $5.9 billion
- 2017: St. Patrick’s Day spending to reach $5.3 billion
- 2016: St. Patrick’s Day expected to give retailers a spring boost
- 2015: Consumers ready to let go of winter with traditional St. Patrick’s Day celebrations
Results of the St. Patrick’s Day spending survey are released each year in early March.