NRF has been conducting its annual Valentine's Day consumer spending survey since 2004 to gauge how Americans plan to celebrate this special day with their loved ones. Valentine’s Day 2022 saw $23.9B spent on gifts for partners, friends, pets and more.
- 2021: Valentine's Day spending
- 2020: Confident consumers and broader buying lead to record Valentine's Day spending plans
- 2019: Fewer consumers celebrating Valentine’s Day but those who do are spending more
- 2018: Consumers will spend near-record $19.6 billion on Valentine’s Day
- 2017: Consumers plan to spend $18.2 billion on Valentine’s Day
- 2016: Dinner and a movie, flowers and jewelry bring Valentine's Day spending to record high
- 2015: Cupid to shower Americans with jewelry, candy this Valentine's Day
Results of the Valentine's Day consumer spending survey are released each year prior to the holiday.